In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Eastern Maine Medical Center

Stodder Laboratory at Eastern Maine General Hopital circa 1923

Contributed by Eastern Maine Medical Center
MMN Item 16220 Item Details
Stodder Laboratory at Eastern Maine General Hopital circa 1923
MMN Item 16220 Zoom

Description

Stodder Laboratory building is pictured with the Graystone (Mace) Surgical Buildings to its left and Medical Building to its right on the Eastern Maine General Hospital campus. The laboratory opened in 1923 at a cost of $40,000, which was a gift of the late George T. Stodder. Vehicles of the times are also pictured on its circular gravel driveway. Eastern Maine General Hospital became Eastern Maine Medical Center in 1969. EMMC is a member of Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.