In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Eastern Maine Medical Center

Ambulance at Eastern Maine General Hospital

Contributed by Eastern Maine Medical Center
MMN Item 16200 Item Details
Ambulance at Eastern Maine General Hospital
MMN Item 16200 Zoom

Description

Eastern Maine General Hospital's second ambulance in 1913 pictured in front of the graystone building which was originally built by the Mace family and sold to the Stern family. In 1892 both Eastern Maine General Hospital (originally known as Bangor General Hospital) and its Nurse's School resided in this graystone building which is remembered as the Mace homestead and/or Stern House.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.